Are You Interested In Training To Become A Secondary School Teacher Or Know Someone Who Is?
We would be very interested to hear from you if you are thinking of becoming a teacher, or know someone who is. We're looking for people who have (or will have) a degree, have a passion for teaching and who want to inspire young people to fulfil their potential. We can also offer subject knowledge enhancement courses for those whose degree does not contain sufficient, relevant subject knowledge to enable them to teach Mathematics or Physics. School Experience Programmes and bursaries of between £4K and £25K are also available for trainees in some subjects (depending on subject and class of degree).
For general information about becoming a teacher you can also visit getintoteaching.education.gov.uk.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Why Apply For School Direct With NLEC?
Our School Direct training programme begins with a comprehensive induction process for all trainees, which provides the right mix of support, information, and hands-on training to ensure you are fully prepared for your new journey with us. You will select your main training school upon application, but will have the opportunity to gain experience in any of our 7 schools, sixth forms or FE College to broaden your experience and networks. You will work with outstanding teachers and outstanding subject departments, shadowing our very best teachers.
Our support for trainees is exceptional. You will be assigned a mentor upon acceptance of a place with us and will have access to your mentor prior to commencing your training, to help you with any questions you may have about the training programme. This support will continue as a newly qualified teacher.
The School Direct Programme with the Northern Lincolnshire Education Consortium provides:
- A PGCE with an outstanding secondary provider – The University of Hull. The university is Ofsted outstanding for secondary teacher training and will continue a long established relationship with our schools
- We can offer you placements in a range of diverse secondary schools, sixth forms and an FE college, as well as your main training school
- You will benefit from experience in schools that are small and large, in town and in villages, with and without 6th forms, schools with different strengths and specialisms, schools with different and exciting challenges
- All our School Direct trainees come together for joint training, informal workshops and discussion groups and this network provides support, a 'safe' environment to try out new skills and aids consolidation of learning
- There will be joint induction for all our School Direct trainees, involvement in consortium joint training events and trainee specific activities
- You will work with outstanding teachers and outstanding subject departments from our schools, shadowing excellent teachers across the consortium
- We have top class, experienced mentors in all our schools offering outstanding support for trainees
- You will attend an Annual Conference for School Direct trainees that will be fun, interesting and challenging
- We will offer a vibrant social calendar……you have to take time out too!
- We offer an excellent chance of securing a job at the end of your training within the NLEC family and you will receive continued support and joint training and development when you become newly qualified teachers through our own NQT Induction Programme
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for graduates who are passionate about their subject area. Final year student, recent graduate, career changer, returning to work after a career break, if you are enthusiastic about making a difference to the lives of young people then we want to hear from you.
Want To Find Out More?
For further information or questions please email the school: