Sir John Nelthorpe School provides its students with the skills and support to allow them to realise their full potential and flourish in the local community and in wider society. We are a school that values and develops its staff so that they possess the skills and confidence to support all students.
- inspire all to achieve their potential in a climate of high moral standards and shared social values
- develop the individual by building on their positive qualities
- provide opportunities which broaden horizons
- develop a pride in and value for ‘achieving’
- provide the highest quality education and training
- promote a safe, disciplined, caring environment where individuals are known and valued
- develop healthy, responsible citizens with resilience, a love of learning and a zest for life
- widen horizons and aspirations via a diverse extended curriculum
- form strong partnerships with other providers
- focus relentlessly on becoming the very best we can be for the benefit of all
Our motto – our values
Our motto is ‘fortis et fidelis’, meaning ‘strong and faithful’.
We believe that by committing to these two values in all we do, we can ensure our mission statements will be successful and thus we will achieve our vision.